All graduates of Blessed Trinity must earn a minimum of 28 credits. A full credit is awarded for successful completion of a full year course and a half credit is awarded for successful completion of a one-semester course or of one semester of a full year course.
The school’s curriculum provides all the necessary courses for admission to any college in the University System of Georgia. The 16 credits required in the College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) are included in the graduation requirements for Blessed Trinity.
Please note that the entrance requirements for colleges other than those in the University System of Georgia do not necessarily coincide with the courses required for graduation from Blessed Trinity. It is the responsibility of the student, with the help of our Guidance Office, to be sure that all necessary courses are taken for admission to the college of choice.
Required courses and the number of credit hours for graduation follow:
- THEOLOGY – 4 credits are required, or .5 credit for every semester enrolled at Blessed Trinity.
- ENGLISH – 4 credits are required, including English 1, English 2, American Literature and British Literature. Elective courses do not count toward the English requirement.
- SOCIAL STUDIES – 4 credits are required, including Fundamentals of Geography and Government, Ancient Civilizations, World History, United States History, Government and Economics.
- MATHEMATICS – 4 credits are required including Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 and an additional course that has these three courses as prerequisites. Students who complete Algebra 1 and/or Geometry in the eighth grade must still take four credits at Blessed Trinity.
- SCIENCE - 4 credits are required, including Biology, Chemistry and either Foundations of Physics and Chemistry (FOPAC) or Physics..
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE - 2 credits are required from the same language. Students who complete one or two years of a foreign language in middle school must still take two credits at Blessed Trinity.
- FINE ARTS – 1.5 credits are required from the areas of dance, drama, art or music. Journalism courses offered through the English Department may be taken to fulfill the Fine Arts requirement.
- BUSINESS EDUCATION – 1.5 credits are required and must include Computer Systems.
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION – 1.5 credits are required and must include General PE, Health and one additional semesters of physical education.
- ELECTIVES – 2.5 additional credits are required. These may be chosen from any courses designated as electives or from courses not specifically listed as electives but which exceed the number of courses required within a department. For example, a student who takes Spanish 3 after completing Spanish 1 in the eighth grade and Spanish 2 at Blessed Trinity, receives credit for the course in fulfillment of the requirement of “two years of the same foreign language at BT.” A student who takes Spanish 3 after completing both Spanish 1 and Spanish 2 at Blessed Trinity receives elective credit for the course.